Classic, Chewy, No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies that come together easily and disappear like magic!
When I was a teen, I had the most amazing youth leaders at church. They always thought to bring something cute or something yummy to show that they had thought about us during the week. My favorite thing though, was always these No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Jump to Recipe
Baking is a universal act of love. The ability to show you care.
Think about it, anyone can buy cookies at the store. Anyone can send flowers or buy a box of Chocolate. But when you take the time to make these No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies you are telling someone that they matter. They matter enough for you to donate YOUR time to THEM. You donated something that cannot be replaced.
You can always make more money, but you cannot make more time.
Take the time! Take warm cookies to your neighbor who just got home from the hospital, or your daughter that had a tough day at school, your mother who eats her feelings (and yes, I wholeheartedly support this cause!), or your significant other to let them know you care. This amazing leader made the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies! Seriously the best! So this recipe is adapted from the one I’ve been making since I was 14! It’s been made so many times and each time they are GONE! So, start with these No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies! Show someone you care. Show someone that they are thought of, and special, and worth your TIME!
Why these cookies are No Fail
The fantastic thing about these Cookies is the fact that even when you don’t make them perfectly they still taste great!
- Notice that you can add more or less flour… I live at a high altitude here in Utah, so I tend to add more flour. But you might want to add less where you live. I also like my cookies to bake up a little bit thicker, but if you want yours to be thinner and maybe have more of a crunch, add less flour.
- The 50/50 ratio of Butter to Shortening gives these cookies the Butter Flavor with a soft and chewy bite provided by the shortening.
- The addition of pudding mix (unprepared!) keeps the cookies soft and adds to the vanilla flavor.
- If you don’t have Mexican Vanilla you can use Pure Vanilla Extract, or a high quality Baking Vanilla. I do not recommend the use of emulsions or Imitation Vanilla.
- You can use any kind of Chocolate that your family likes! We tend to like more Dark and Semi Sweet. But if you like Milk or White, just replace the Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips with your favorite Chocolate! I usually chop up a small amount of Dark Chocolate from Trader Joe’s for the Chocolate Bar addition. But use whatever YOU like!
- If you can’t find a Large (5.1 oz) Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding, feel free to use 1 1/2 Small Boxes instead.
No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/2 – 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 large pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding (5.1 oz)
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Mexican Vanilla
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz Finely Chopped Chocolate Bar of Choice
- Place Baking Rack in Center of Oven and Preheat to 350°.
- Whisk Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Pudding together and set aside.
- Cream Butter, Shortening, Sugar and Brown Sugar together for about 3 minutes until fluffy and light in color. Add Eggs and Vanilla and mix until fully combined. Turn Mixer to stir and add flour mixture slowly, mix until combined. Stir in Chocolate.
Using an averaged sized Ice Cream scoop, Place dough balls one by one onto baking sheet at least 2" apart, and Bake for 14-16 minutes (or until the center doesn’t look raw and edges are just slightly browned). Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to Cooling rack to cool completely.