Super easy, these Easter Rice Crispy Treats are a quick and simple way to throw an easter flare onto your dessert table.
Who doesn’t love a Rice Crispy Treat? Marshmallows, Rice Cereal and Butter? Yes please! Throw some adorable Easter sprinkles on top and you’re good to go. Here’s an easy go-to recipe and video tutorial on how to make some easy Easter Rice Crispy Treats! So easy, you can have the kids make them for you!
Every once in a while I just want to make a quick dessert that doesn’t require an oven. So this weekend, when I found these super cute sprinkles at Walmart, I knew I needed to whip up some rice crispy treats with an Easter flare!
Because I’m a custom baker, my family only gets dessert on Sunday. It’s the one day that I reserve just for my family. Otherwise, most of what I make goes out the door to someone else. We get the occasional cupcake, or custom cookie (my royal iced cookie rejects, the ones that aren’t quite perfect enough to package and send out the door). But rarely do I make treats JUST FOR US.
These last couple weeks, I’ve taken advantage of having my family home full time and baked for them more than I normally would. When the sugar craving hit on Saturday, I needed something simple. And they LOVED these Easter Rice Crispy Treats.
They couldn’t be more simple. If they’re not in your brain’s easily accessible database, let me rectify that for you right now!
- One 16 oz Bag of Mini Marshmallows (any brand you like)
- 8 Cups of Rice Crispy Cereal (once again, any brand!)
- 1/2 Stick of Salted Butter (4 TBSP)
- SPRINKLES (optional of course… but so easy to dress up for any occasion)
Customize to your liking
If you’d like these Easter Rice Crispy Treats to be a little more gooey, cut down the rice crispy in the recipe. If you like them a bit more crunchy, Add a bit more. I like a little more cereal and a little less marshmallow… But you do you! My friend Amy likes them with LOTS of stringy marshmallow goodness!
I honestly very rarely measure with this recipe! Just pour in the cereal, give it a mix, and add more as needed. But if you would like to be exact, 1 cup of Rice Cereal equals about 1 oz. So pull out that Kitchen Scale!
Happy No Baking 😉
Easter Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 TBSP Salted Butter (and a bit more to grease the pan)
- 16 oz Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 8 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1-2 oz Sprinkles (optional)
- Grease your pan with a little bit of butter.
- Melt Butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Add mini marshmallows and heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir mixture together and heat for an additional minute if all marshmallows are not melted.
- Stir in cereal and scoop into prepared pan.
- Wet hands slightly and press evenly into pan.
- Gently spread sprinkles onto the top and let set for at least an hour. If you are in a hurry, you can place into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve! Can be stored tightly covered on the counter for up 3 days. If they last that long!